Found on the side of the road, set out for the trash man. Solid wood with dove tailed drawers, I couldn’t let it end up at the dump.
We repaired a broken drawer and applied glue and clamps to ensure that desk was solid before I applied paint.
- I gave the desk a light sanding, not necessary but something I like to do.
- Then I brushes on 2 coats of Annie Sloan’s Old Ocher, drying in between coats.
- Since this desk was so sad when I found it, I decided to play around with some old maps that I have been collecting from Treasures 4 Teachers. I figured, if I mess it up it won’t be the end of the world. 🙂
- Once the paint was dry, I tapped off the top edge of the desk and ripped up 2 old maps and collaged into the wee hours.
- For the final finish I applied a mix of clear wax and little dark wax to give it an aged look.
- And then a final sanding to smooth out any rough spots and give it that soft finish I love.
Once headed to the landfill, this old desk is now ready for a new home and many more years of loving use.
This set desk has been sold.